9 Things to Consider for Your Master Bath Remodel
Remodeling is both an exciting and admittedly overwhelming task. Organizing all of your research and formulating a strategy may seem daunting. Equally, knowing what you don’t know, it difficult. Here are things you should consider before your master bath remodel.
Master Bath Remodel List
1. Establish Your Budget: Once you have a rough estimate, you need to plan for an extra 20% for unforeseen issues that may arise. Honestly, even in the most carefully organized strategies, there is bound to be at least one or two hiccups.
2. Be Patient With Time: Waiting on permits and inspections is a true lesson in patience. Keep in mind that remodeling is a more gradual process and you will be witnessing a beautiful transformation.
3. Practical Design: Explore the options for innovative cabinets. Modern designs feature functional solutions to past storage and organizational problems.
4. Create Your Dream Team: Gather the best team of contractors to handle plumbing, electrical and finishing work. Also, never be afraid to ask for references or to view project galleries.
5. Consider the Box: Remember that everything needs to blend seamlessly, even your walls, floors, and ceiling. Also, they should not compete; rather they should compliment.
6. Ventilation is Key: Proper ventilation in the bathroom is critical. This room will experience excessive moisture. Installing fans, the right amount of HVAC Vents, even window helps prevent mold and mildew.
7. Creative Lighting: Make sure the lighting is bright enough, but not jarring. There are many options in a wide range of price points. Figure out the purpose and choose fixtures that fulfill your needs.
8. Going Green: Today’s technology is making it easier and affordable to go green. Therefore, take advantage of energy saving electrical accessories and water saving faucets, showers, and toilets.
9. Be Prepared: We cannot reiterate this point enough. While contractors try to abide by timelines, you never know. Remember the old saying, “hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.”
We Can Help
Still have questions regarding the things you need to consider for your master bath remodel? You need a design team that is on top of the latest trends, as well as one who knows the classic styles. A design team that can create the floor plan of your dreams. And can help you coordinate all your purchases from a commode to cabinet hardware. You need the team of Friel Lumber Kitchen and Bath designers. Contact us today and let’s get started creating your perfect master bath!