If you’re thinking about a new deck, one of the most important factors to consider is the deck material. Ultimately, the material you choose affects how the deck looks and feels, as well as its lifespan. Plus, the location of the deck and its usage also affect which deck material best-suits your project. Friel Lumber Company carries a range of decking brands and materials to help you find what you’re looking for. Not sure which one to pick? We’re here to help.
Wood vs. Composite
Wood was once the primary material for decks. But, while it’s loved for its beauty and durability, wood requires a lot of upkeep. The material warrants regular cleaning, staining, and sealing. Otherwise, it’s at risk of wear and tear. Fortunately, composite decking offers a rugged alternative.
Instead of wood, composite decks contain various forms of plastic. Today, this type of deck material is rather advanced and designed to resist weather, stains, scratches and more. Even so, wood decks offer a great option. Friel Lumber offers high-quality IPE, cedar and treated wood decking to hold strong. But, if you’re looking into a composite material, which one is the best option? By and large, it comes down to your unique needs. Read on to learn about the top composite brands.
This high-performance deck is made out of 100% PVC. The surface is treated to resist weather, UV rays, and scratches. As a result, homeowners enjoy a beautiful deck for years to come. TimberTech decks are also capped to keep out mold and mildew. Not to mention, the material is easy to take care of and backed by 25-year and up warranties. Timbertech options include:
- AZEK– possesses unmatched strength and a natural wood grain look.
- PRO– features complete protection with a variety of elegant styles.
- EDGE– boasts advanced protection to eliminate upkeep.
- Symmetry– offers a matte finish with subtle grain patterns. It’s great for second-story decks.
- ProTect Advance– features rich colors and works well for lower-level decks.
- Good Life– provides an affordable option backed by Fiberon’s 25-year limited stain and fade warranties.
- Transcend– has the highest level of performance and style.
- Select– offers a great price with easy upkeep.
- Enhance– delivers a beautiful look and lasting strength to rival wood.
Located in Queenstown, MD, Friel Lumber has everything you need for your deck project. In addition to these top-rated decking brands, we also carry a variety of railing materials. So, whether you’re building a new deck or upgrading an old one, contact Friel Lumber for supplies today.